A few things I do for my Hobbyking Bixler 2... I think it makes it a better plane.
1) Rubber band wing joining system. Those screws they provide are useless and a pain, this way works much better and also is easier to take apart and provides give on crashes.
2) Simple and easy wing wiring. Makes breaking down and putting together your wings much easier.
3) Reinforce the spar. It kinda sucks as is- hallow and flimsy.
4) Glue down the skids (otherwise they'll fall off)
5) FPV/ Camera pods- Make your own platform for all your video or fpv gear.
6) Add flaps
Don't forget, balance those props too!
Bixler 2 : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=24474&aff=106799
Bixler 2 (USA warehouse) : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=31048&aff=106799
Current site: #1 | Domain www.fpvtv.co.uk