Howdy, In this LIVE interview with Stuart Warne from HobbyKing, we discuss the new FPV Race Wing from Durafly called the "Sidewinder". Full details below, Press SHOW MORE to see them. Matt
Durafly Sidewinder - What We Know So Far
These are the details we know so far about the Durafly Sidewinder FPV race wing:
- Labeled as a "EFXtra in a Wing", so it's going to be very, very quick!
- 1100mm wingspan, with a thin cord (thus flies faster)
- One piece, white EPO foam construction
- Provided in naked white foam with 5 sets of stickers provided allowing you to choose which colour you would like and also your own numbering too.
- - Yellow
- - Green
- - Silver?
- - Blue
- - Red (which is obviously the faster colour)
- 3 LED bar on the rear with switchable colours & flashing mode.
- Front tip FPV camera mount (designed for a RunCam styled FPV camera)
- Switchable vertical stabilization fins for differing wind conditions
- Dummy antenna provided to help with yaw drag (curious about internal mounting)
- Decent sized finger grips to launch it
- AeroStar Motor (unknown Kv, the original EFX Racer was a 2836 2300Kv Outrunner)
- - 3S 6" propeller, probably a 6040, may even be a 6050
- - 4S propeller looks like a 5045 BN prop
- 3S & 4S compatible battery range (you'll need high C rated ones)
- - 3S batteries 2200-2400mAh packs
- - 4S 1800-2200mAh packs
- Bottom mounted, well ventilated AeroStar 60A ESC
- Vents for the FPV transmitter (mounted on the left wing)
- Receiver bay on the right wing, top mounted with antenna holes
- Removable top hatch, with naca ducts and space to mount a HD camera (eg Mobius or RunCam 2) and a pair of strap holes to fix it to the lid
- Top mounted servos, probably using a combo of plastic and metal gears and including covers like on the EFXtra
- And finally..... Stuart hasn't stuffed it in the tallest tree at the HobbyKing flying site (yet lolololol, sorry Nick)
Durafly Sidewinder - HobbyKing Announcement Daily
You can find out more about the Durafly Sidewinder wing here:
You are allowed to lick the screen.
RagTheNutsOff FaceBook Group
Can't get enough? Want to have a chat with other RC pilots from around the world?
Join the RC Coffee Chat "after-party" here https://www.facebook.com/groups/ragthenutsoff/
Note: Hit the JOIN button on the top right, I'll pick up your request to join as soon as I can!
Support This Channel
If you've enjoyed this video or the YouTube channel as a whole, you CAN help SUPPORT this channel by using the links below before buying on any of these sites.
Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/rtno-amz-uk
Amazon US: http://bit.ly/rtno-amaz-us
These are "affiliate" links, which means I will gain a small percentage of the sale which can be put towards more models, RC parts or coffee.
If you would like to know more about how I started this channel by accident, see this video to find out more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmWc8vuFKx4
WANT MORE VIDEOS LIKE THIS ONE?
Subscribe here for the LATEST updates:
For more videos like this one, see my YouTube Channel here:
Would you like to SEE THE NEW VIDEO'S BEFORE they're published on YouTube?
I post the videos in the FaceBalls group BEFORE they go live on YouTube.
You can join the group here:
Current site: #1 | Domain www.fpvtv.co.uk