The plane launched at a starting point of 643ft (ASL - above sea level) and climbed an additional 9010m or 29,560ft (AGL - above ground level) at 35:38 in the video. So, the total (ASL - above sea level) height is: 643ft + 29,560ft = 30,203ft.
Since Mount Everest is 29,029ft (ASL - above sea level), the plane flew 1,174ft higher than the Earth's highest (ASL - above sea level) mountain in the world.
The temp. reading shown in the OSD (upper left corner) is an internal ambient temp gauge inside the foam insulated plane and within the GPS/MAG sensor. The GPS unit is velcro'd directly on top of the AP controller inside the plane. The actual outside temp at ~9000m altitude is estimated to be -36deg C or -32.8deg F while it was 89 deg F on the ground.
- Mini Talon (w/modified ext. wings)
Wing area (stock): 30 dm^2
Wing area (w/modified new wing extensions): 32.79 dm^2
- AUW: 2142g
- (2) Multistar 5200mah 4S Lipos (10,400mah total)
- (2) AER7234/46 Aeronaut folding props 12 x 6.5
- Cobra 2820/14 840Kv Motor
- Hitec HS-65MG Mighty Metal Gear "Analog" Servos
- DragonLink V3 UHF
- 1.2Ghz 800mW Vtx
- Runcam Swift 1
- Runcam HD2 (stopped working at 7327m on the ascent)
Current site: #1 | Domain www.fpvtv.co.uk